Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sullivan County, NY - Not That Felder, the Other One

Sullivan County, NY - When the yellow and blue signs declaring “Felder for Senate” began popping up on Sullivan County roadsides, Shirley Felder began fielding telephone calls from many of her friends and customers.
“I can’t even begin to tell you how many calls we’ve gotten here,” said Felder, the super-candid manager of Sullivan First Recycling & Refuse in Woodbourne.
Despite the excitement that was created by the campaign signs, Felder is not running for any public office. The signs actually belong to Simcha Felder, a member of the New York City Council who’s running for a State Senate seat in Brooklyn.
Felder, the New York City version, is apparently trying to appeal to Brooklynites who spend their summers in the Catskills.
Still, the Sullivan County Felder has been razzed about the campaign signs. The drivers at her garbage hauling company began putting the signs in her truck, and someone dumped a load of them in her front yard, she said.
Felder isn’t running for office now, but if she ever got the itch for public service, she thinks she might stand a fighting chance.
“I’d probably give them a run for their money,” she said.”But I’d only run if I sold the business, because as soon as I start campaigning I’d lose all my customers.”

News Source: Record

No comments: